I am participating in The Unread Authors Challenge from September 2007 to February 2008! After finding out that a few bloggie friends are also taking part, there is no way I'm going to miss out on this. I have some books I've been waiting to read and I have not read these authors before. Thanks to Pour of Tor from the Sycorax Pine for organizing this challenge!
Briefly, here's how the Challenge goes:
- In this time, read six books by authors you have never read before. If you would like to read more in this time frame, go for it!
- You are welcome to approach the Challenge in any of several different ways. You can choose one or two (or 3-5) unread authors and read several of their works, or you can choose six neglected (by you) writers and read a book apiece by them. Authors of fiction, non-fiction, genre fiction, graphic novels/comics, drama, and poetry are all welcome inclusions, although the individual works you choose should be book length. I will leave the definition of "book length" to your discretion, but in my mind a full length play or epic poem would certainly count, as would collections of shorter works.
Find out more about the rules here.
And now, here's my list of books...
The book pile 'reserved' for the challenge
ICE STATION- Matthew Reilly
- THE INHERITANCE OF LOSS - Kiran Desai [Note: Unfinished]
MY NAME IS RED- Orhan Pamuk PAINT IT BLACK- Janet Fitch THE KITE RUNNER- Khaled Hosseini ON BEAUTY- Zadie Smith
- CANDLES BURNING: A NOVEL - Tabitha King & Michael McDowell
- A LONG WAY DOWN - Nick Hornby
- BE NEAR ME - Andrew O'Hagan
MY BEST FRIEND'S GIRL- Dorothy Koomson
I am also participating in the Christian Genre Challenge which runs from August to December 2007. Hopefully I am able to cope...